Ya’ll, it is OFFICIALLY halfway through January already! I don’t know about you, but this year so far has already been phenomenally better than last year (shout out to puppy cuddles and travel planning)… Since we’re getting well into this fresh new year, I’ve spent some time really analyzing my resolutions/goals for 2018. Now typically I feel like this is the time where I would spend a whole 5 minutes evaluating and criticizing everything in my life, and then make some cheesy list that is supposedly going to help me achieve my goals in the coming year (well, it’s already the coming year, but you get what I’m saying).
Well, I don’t know about you, but my so called resolutions never actually help me resolve anything in my life. I stick to them for maybe one day? And that’s a hard maybe. Then, I go back to my same old routine that I’ve always been in. Well, NOT THIS YEAR PEOPLE. This year, we will stick to our resolution guns.
This time around, I’ve spent actual time consciously thinking about resolutions that are meaningful (that’s why I’m just now posting this, LOL). No more of that whole “New Year, New Me” bologna when you haven’t actually put any thought into what that means.
What is it that other people have or do that makes us so jealous of their lives? What makes them appear successful? Ya’ll, they have their sh…stuff together! Or at least they make it look that way. What is stopping us from achieving this same greatness??? Absolutely nothing! We can totally make it happen this year. So, if you haven’t already come up with some killer resolutions, here are some ideas for you! OR if you already have some sweet resolutions set, maybe some of these will inspire you to make an addendum to your list.
Do you want to feel more successful?
- Floss your teeth once a day.
- QUIT hitting that snooze button, babe!
- Leave with enough time to actually make it on time to work.
- Make a vision board. The best part about this resolution? You have ALL year to get it finished!
- Create a budget! If you’re a total life newb (read: me) and suck at grown up things, I’ve got ya covered. Dave Ramsey has a great form that lays everything out for you! All you have to do is fill it in. There’s also a really great app, EveryDollar, that you can try for free! It makes budgeting extremely simple and easy. Speaking of, I really have to get mine set up…..oops, not off to a great resolution start.
- Do a crossword puzzle, or word search, or play Words with Friends or Word Cookie, anything to get your brain neurons firing, each day. New York Times has a free app where you can get free mini crossword puzzles every day! I actually look forward to completing mine every day. Even if I do have to look up some of the answers….but hey, I’m still learning something, right?
Do you want to get athletic?
- Get that workout in! This one seems obvious right? But it could be anything! 15 minutes a day? Great! 30 minutes a day? You’re killing it! Only have time for 5 minutes? CRUSHED IT. You don’t have to go and buy a gym membership that you know you’re going to be too busy to use.
- Dance it out, do some yoga, go for a walk outside, play with your puppy. Literally, you could do a n y t h i n g and you will feel so accomplished!
- Interested in at home workouts?? I’ve been using the app Body Love by Anna Victoria and have been loving it! Semi-quick workouts that have you feeling so frickin’ awesome.
- Like stretching it out and getting your zen on? Yoga with Adriene is ah-mazing. She makes your practice feel so light and fun and encourages you to honor yourself and create a space of love, which I am all about when it comes to yoga.
Do you want to be more adventurous?
- Go out there and don’t be afraid to do things by yourself. First solo travel? I have a little bit of my experience and advice here.
- Do you have any mountains near by where you live? GO HIKE THAT. But don’t forget your mace…just in case.
- Do you live near a beach? Go buy a snorkel. Sign up for surfing lessons! Oh my goodness…I’m getting so jealous just thinking about that. Seriously, does anyone know a good surfing instructor??
- Don’t live near anywhere cool (like me)? I promise, if you do some research you’ll find something cool somewhere semi-close to you. I definitely have to travel at least an hour if I want to do
Want to be more generally awesome? (Let’s get real, you’re already a-freakin-mazing, but this is the year to push yourself.)
- Reach out to a family member or a friend once a week. We often take our relationships for granted, especially the ones of those closest to us; let’s make a conscious effort this year to show our loved ones how much we appreciate them!
- Do a happiness challenge! I found one on Pinterest, here. I love it! Super simple, but get’s you thinking about different things that make you happy.
- Pick one day a month to be your passion day. This is YOUR day that you’ve set aside to do what you love to do.
I think the most important thing to remember with any goal is that you won’t be able to accomplish everything in this first month or two. I really struggle with getting so super excited about things that I get disappointed when I can’t get everything done all at once. It is OKAY! We have to remember that it’s a process. Good things take time, Rome wasn’t built in a day, and, ya know, other cheesy adages.
Let’s make 2018 the year of SELF LOVE
We are making these resolutions because we love ourselves and want to push our little awesome souls to be the best they can be. We want to create the life we truly yearn for – and that starts with making ourselves who we are meant to be!
What are your killer 2018 resolutions?!? Comment them below and let’s keep each other motivated!
With New Year Sass,